Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Payback is a Beach!

I received my Foreign Currency Fee Litigation Settlement check today. Yeah, it's a mouthful. And yes, they are real! Apparently us travelers were ripped off a few years back on currency conversion fees by credit card companies. I know, shocking right?
I have no idea how much I was actually overcharged, the trip is long gone and paid for. But I did receive my $18.04 in the mail today. I'm pretty sure it was from my 2005 Italy trip. I doubt it covers all that I was overcharged, but it is like someone just put a little cappuccino and cannoli in my mailbox. A good reminder to always be aware of the fees and charges associated with using credit cards and ATMs while overseas. When it comes to ATMs, I always try to make as few withdrawals as possible to avoid the fees. Yes, this means traveling with more cash on me, but that's also why I keep it in a money belt in my underwear.  As for the check, I'll be putting it in the kitty for a 2012 vacation. Payback's a beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment